What is Zumba Toning®?
Zumba Toning: taking Zumba to the next level
This class combines the Zumba workout with lightly weighted Zumba Toning Sticks, for a whole-body strengthening experience. With their rhythmic percussive sounds, these Zumba Toning Sticks will add some spice to your resistive workout routine.
This class blends body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one calorie-burning, strength-training class. You’ll learn how to use weighted, maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm, build strength and tone all the target zones.
In a very short period of time, this workout will help you build coordination, muscular strength and reshape your body.
You’ll not only lose pounds and inches but you will have curves in all the right places, as a result of this program. This exciting breakthrough workout is designed to offer you a safe and yet very effective total-body sculpting workout.
If you haven’t tried this type of dance workout yet then you owe it to yourself to give it a try.
The class is available to everyone, no previous dance or Zumba experience is required.
Zumba Toning takes the Zumba Basics class to the next level of fitness. Zumba Toning utilizes muscle toning and sculpting exercises and combines them with the dance-fitness movements and rhythms from Zumba Basics. The toning and sculpting exercises either use body resistance movements (for example, lunges and/or squats) and/or we utilize Zumba Toning sticks for added resistance.
There are many benefits to weighted workouts:
- Improved muscle tone, definition and strength.
- Improved muscle balance and posture.
- Increased lean muscle mass with a reduction in body fat.
- Increased metabolic function.
- Increased mind-body connection.
What Is a Toning Stick?
The Toning Sticks are hollow 1 lb filled with sand-like material that shifts inside the sticks as you shake them, lift them, etc. It is important that the toning sticks are used in a controlled environment. As part of the Zumba Toning program, you will learn how to use the Toning Sticks to enhance your workout!
What if I don’t own Toning Sticks?
I have toning sticks and small weights at the studio for you to use!
Things to remember while taking a Zumba Toning class in Victoria (please read this if you’re coming to class…)
Since you will experience cardiovascular workout along with muscle endurance, there are some things to keep in mind to get the best results BUT also stay safe:
- Control: keeping all movements and body in control. Faster music with smaller movements will keep you safe.
- Body Alignment: keeping your back and neck straight at all times and keeping your knee over your ankle when doing lunges or squats.
- Breath: your muscles and brain require oxygen – their need for oxygen increases as you work out.
- Core: engaging core muscles (abs and back) at all times.
- Contraction: creating tension and squeezing to feel a contraction in the muscles is important to get results. This is very important because the Toning Sticks are not heavy, but you should lift them as is they were VERY heavy =)
- Joints: never lock your joints because that puts a lot of unnecessary stress on them, which could increase your risk for injury. Joints-elbows, knees, wrist…
- Working at your own pace/Know your limits: push yourself in this class to get better results, but don’t get hurt!
Will I experience muscle gain while taking the class?
No, the weights used for this class are not heavy enough to do so.